Ceviche is originally from Peru. I learned how to make a Peruvian ceviche from a friend when we lived in Panama. It is lime-marinated fish, so incredibly good and fresh. Would actually be able to live on it, I think. Can be served for lunch, picnic, or as an appetizer. In summer it is an absolute must!!
Ceviche for 4 Pers.
- 800gr Prawns
- 1 organic red onion finely cut into thin slices (I usually put it in ice water for a while to remove any strong taste).
- 2-3 garlic cloves pressed.
- 1 fresh red chili pepper finely chopped.
- 1 handful fresh coriander, finely chopped.
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped.
- About 6-8 Organic squeezed limes (it should be about 1 cup lime juice).
- 1 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt.
Peel all the prawns. Cut them in the middle. Place the prawns in a flat mold. Add salt and stir. Add the chopped red pepper fruit, garlic, stir gently. Add the onions, celery stalks, and the chopped coriander. Pour the squeezed limejuice over. It should cover just the prawns.
Let stand in the refrigerator, stirring gently every 15 minutes. Takes about 1 hour to be marinated, should be served cold. Can be stored in the refrigerator one day but taste best freshly made.